It took me about an hour to load up the bee mobile. A second call from her indicated there might be 2 swarms so I had to come up with additional gear for a possible second swarm. The good news was that everything was close to the ground.
So with assistance from my new bee assistant, we shook the stones and bees over a new hive body. I had prepped the hive body by spraying the frames with sugar water. There appeared to be a flurry of bees but they started clustering in the hive. I put a screen top over the hive but to the bees, screen schmeem. I gently attempted brushing them into the box to no avail. My next plan of attack was to spray them with sugar water and gently use a dust pan and escort them one by one into the new hive. My thinking here was that if we got enough bees inside the hive, their little pheromones would kick in with the come home scent and the rest of the swarm would join them.
When I left, there were a few bees flying in and out but not enough to convince me we had a queen, the bees were happy and they would stay. Give it a day or so and we'll see.
Bee boy out.